OUR R&D LABORATORY
Scientific innovation, research and development
Póbeltsch-Gle holds the only research license in Bulgaria allowing our scientists to carry out cutting-edge experiments and develop the future of cannabis processing technologies.
Today's highly competitive cannabis extraction industry needs scalable and efficient solutions providing for the sustainable cannabinoid and cannabis resin production of tomorrow. Our R&D labs focus on developing high-yielding, high-quality scalable extraction and processing methodologies.
We proudly stand on the shoulders of giants as we cooperate closely with:
- Institute of Organic Chemistry with Center for Phytochemistry at The Bulgarian Academy of Science
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Sofia
- Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Athens
Cannabinoid AND resin production
offering small & large scale industrial production solutions
We offer our clients and partners access to our deep know-how of efficient, sustainable and scalable cannabis resin and cannabinoid industrial production.
Our scientists and engineers have been investigating conventional and unconventional as well as innovative technologies in order to identify the optimal industrial production processes for various investment capacities and end-product requirements.
Supercritical and subcritical CO2 extraction, all organic and non-organic solvents - we have tested, optimized, mixed-and-matched them all. We will provide you with the right industrial system - starting from mechanical, through chemical processing and further treatment and purification.
high efficiency extract processing
Introducing our hi-tech countercurrent chromatography
As standardization of end-products becomes the only way to deliver uniform quality batch after batch, chromatography enters as the de jure standard.
Chromatography was developed in the year 1900 and has come a long way. Today many cannabis processing laboratories use liquid chromatography as cannabinoid separation, purification, concentration and/or standardization technique. The two most widespread technologies are High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and flash chromatography - both technologies are a type of column chromatography that pumps a sample mixture in a solvent (known as the mobile phase) at high pressure through a column with chromatographic packing material (stationary phase). Despite their popularity, these technologies prove best as analytical equipment, but not for scaling-up to industrial level.
This is the point where Póbetlsch-Gle's patented hi-tech countercurrent chromatography technology steps in. We have developed and patented a scalable industrial cannabis resin and cannabinoid separation, purification and standardization technology.
Benefits of liquid-liquid chromatography in comparison to HPLC
- No solid packing material that is costly to buy, replace or reprocess
- Low solvent consumption (10 to 25% less)
- One single rotor adapted to all types of separations
A SOFT TECHNIQUE
- No irreversible adsorption or sample loss - 100% recovery
- No denaturation of fragile molecules due to interaction with silica (adapted to fragile molecules)
- High purification levels - up to 99.9%
- 3 to 5 times faster than other current solutions
- Adapted to all types of products, be that natural or synthetic
- Well-adapted to a very wide range of polarities
IDEAL FOR EASY SCALE UP
- A single separation/purification technique adapted to samples ranging from milligram to several kilograms